Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Smell of Cookies Wafting Through the Air ...

Let me just say that my husband loves the smell of cookies when he walks in that door after a day at work...





Today it's going to be *Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies*, the recipe being from Epicurious.

Recipe

I have to put a good word in for my wonderful Kitchen Aid Mixer :).





(Thank you Great Aunt Claire!) I had always thought it would be easier to get a bowl out and use a hand-held mixer... but then I discovered why everyone loves a Kitchen Aid so much--- you don't have to stand there doing the work- it does it for you (pardon my slang but--- DUH....).





The ingredients were basic--- nothing fancy here :). Everything went smoothly... it just took quite a while to bake all the cookies- I have a very small oven and I can only get 8 cookies on my one and only baking sheet.

The cookies were described as being soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside. I discovered this to be true- when the cookies were fresh from the oven. Though, over time they ended up crunchy all the way through. I was hoping for a Peanut Butter Cookie that stayed gooey... Good thing Andrew will eat anytyhing that's made out of sugar and peanut butter :).

The end result:


4 comments:

Erin said...

Margaret? Hi! How are you? I stumbled on your blog through Brandy's Blog! So, did I read correctly that you are expecting? If so, congratulations! Things are going well with Jerry and I... he's in Iraq for the second time and I miss him dreadfully. If you wanna check out my xanga, go ahead. (I should really get a blogspot like everyone else!) It's www.xanga.com/jeroland. Blessings! Erin Roland

Unknown said...

Those cookies sound (and look) yummy and I totally second the kitchenaid loving... I bought mine several years ago and absolutely love it.
You probably don't remember me... we took the same desktop class at Indy and saw each other who knows where else :-). Your blog is great - and you would make quite the happy homemaker - I'm so thrilled for you!
-Elizabeth (Pleckham)

Joy said...

Margaret! You need to post more! It's not like your busy or anything *couple HUGE winks* But seriously, these recipes look delicious.

Stephanie B. said...

I found the BEST recipe for Peanut Butter cookies lately. The perfect amount of chewy and crunchy.

So how is he picky? I am thankful that Michael will eat everything but beets and liver. :-P